O mankind! Indeed, We created you from a male and a female, and We made you nations and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, (the) most noble of you near Allah (is the) most righteous of you Indeed, Allah (is) All-Knower, All-Aware.
The mission is to serve, educate, and inform our Youths, Muslims and non- Muslims in America and the world about Islam in Africa and in general.
Our Vision is to build an Islamic world where all Muslim brothers are helping humanity and where humanitarianism is effective and inclusive.
What do we do?
As an Islamic Council, the African Islamic Council of America draws upon a rich legacy of social welfare and working with different networks to improve others’ lives, which is what our Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) has taught us.
AICA commits to work with:
- Responsibility and straightforwardness to all of our partners, particularly the networks which we work with.
- Sympathy and equity in the entirety of our activities.
- Work with quality; our projects reflect and bridge the gap recognized by the networks we work with, with longer-term activities dependent on need.
- Regard for rights, respect, and equivalent chance for all the people.
- Strengthening individuals and groups to reach their latent capacity.
- Motivated by our confidence, we work with a comprehensive way to serve every Muslim.
- Working like this empowers us to partner together with each one of those who are focused on improving the lives of others.
Help each other and build a better community:
An act of kindness is a Sadqah-e-Jariah, no matter how insignificant it is. It can make a huge impact on someone’s life. To help each other in the love of Allah is what we Muslims need to do. This is what AICA aims: to unite the Muslim brothers and leaders all around the globe and help their brothers in need. AICA is a mutual platform that aims to let the people serve humanity and please Allah.
We believe in:
- Bridging the gap between the leaderships.
- Inspiring Muslims all around the globe to become a helping hand in order to build a stronger community.
- Identifying corporate projects for the welfare of Muslims in America.
- Motivating the Imams of the mosques to unite on a single agenda for the entire Muslim community.
Together, we are strong!
We aim to fulfill the vision of Muslim unity through:
- Promotion of an informed and positive understanding of Islam and issues that are vital for Muslims.
- Encouragement and empowerment of the Muslim community to be actively integrated into mainstream American society.
- Facilitating, solidarity, cooperation, and positive working connections inside the Muslim community and between the Muslim community and other communities.
- Development of opportunities within the Muslim community in specialized areas to encourage this vision.
- Advancement of cooperation, understanding, resistance, and regard between all beliefs.
- AICA offers advocacy and social welfare services while driving state and national activities on harmony and agreement through community counsel and government advice. It has involvement with building significant associations, projects, engagements with many Muslim Welfare organizations.
- AICA works with civil society to guarantee that the government makes decisions that will benefit the lives of the Muslims who are generally helpless. We accept that serving humankind is about something beyond donating; it ties in with acting and standing up with the individuals whose voices are usually not heard.
- We work with compelling leaders and communities to stand in opposition to injustice, which sustains extraordinary neediness, from supporting gender equity to access to education. We need you to get involved and support us to accomplish an increasingly equivalent and just Muslim world for those who are most in need.